Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Who am I ...

... and why do I work as I do?

I am a photographer from Hamburg / Germany whose aim is to make pictures at places where people feel comfortable. For me one of the most important things in my portraits is to include a glimpse of the persons personality, that‘s why I work at locations that are chosen by my "models", instead of working in front of impersonal studio backgrounds. Whether at their home, a special favorite place, or an environment that currently represents an important part of their life.

It‘s the challenge that makes me love my profession and my way of working. Again and again, new people, new places and new situations, which is also the reason why all my photos have their very own individuality.

Especially the work under the open sky and the usage of natural light represents my photos and show the people how they really are....
that is to say, of their most beautiful side!

Nina

You can find a small selection of my work at www.ninahuettmann.de!